Work for us
Global Investment means it has never been a better time to join us here at Smiths!
Competitive packages on offer, including generous pension contribution, healthcare plan, high street discounts, life insurance & long service awards to name a few.
CNC Miller/Turner Setter Operator (Days or Nights Available)
We are looking for a person who can work under their own initiative and understands the importance of tractability and paperwork with the following skills;
- Able to work within time frames.
- Follows procedures.
- Maintains a safe working environment.
- Conversant in reading engineering drawings.
- Conversant with programming and understanding of programmers.
- CNC experience, 3 to 5 axis machining.
- Able to work to tight tolerances.
- Understand Inspection technique’s and Inspection methods, use of manual Inspection equipment i.e. Micrometers, internal bore micrometers, depth micrometers, verniers…
Main duties include but are not limited to small to medium batch work and some one offs.
We are looking for a team player who is a positive communicator with a ‘can do’ attitude and a continuous improvement mentality as well as a flexible attitude towards work. Ability to work autonomously and under own initiative when required. The Job holder will have served a recognised mechanical apprenticeship or equivalent. Electrical or plumbing certificate would be advantageous.
Overall Purpose/Objectives of Role
To support the upkeep and maintenance of specialist production equipment and machinery. This position will require you to work as part of a maintenance team, bringing with you the skills that complement the daily mechanical and electrical functions of the team, ensuring performance targets are met and operational efficiency is maximised.
- Diagnosing faults, breakdown problems, troubleshooting all CNC and manual machinery and equipment
- Utilisation of the appropriate tools required to complete each task such as a lathe, milling machine, surface grinder and power tools
- Support forth Planned Preventative Maintenance System
- Commission modifications and alterations to existing plant and equipment, to improve line efficiencies
- Undertake nominated Health & Safety responsibility’s
- Ad hoc tasks as required by the Maintenance Manager
Experience of working in a manufacturing industry would be an advantage.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
We are looking for a person who is either a Quality Engineer in a larger business looking for progression and growth within a smaller business (currently we have around 70 employees) or a Senior Quality Engineer who can see the potential for growth within the business. Experience with in the aerospace industry is a must.
Overall Purpose/Objectives of Role
To assist the Quality Manager in effective quality management of our quality system functions and continual improvement initiatives. The role is central to effective internal / external customer support on non-conforming process management and is also expected to provide direction to Quality Engineer role in all areas of the quality engineering functions and liaison with all internal & external stakeholders.
- Carry out Quality System Process Audits accordingly of AS9100 Rev C/ (D) and assist management of internal / external audit schedule.
- Maintain Calibration System / recall process and supplier engagement.
- Manage key customer non-conformance / portals / liaison with Production on customer approved rework solutions / liaison with accounts on required credits and quarantine store management.
- Provide required focal point on FMEA, PFMEA’s where required.
- Prepare control plans / Inspection plans where required. Provide detailed feedback to operations to help achieve 100% OTD to the customer.
- Create F.A.I.R.’s accordingly of applicable product requirements / DVI completion in line with customer / AS9102 requirements.
- Manage ‘White Card System’ / Concession System Tracking and provide RCCA Management to 8D where required in sustainable quality improvement which will require weekly reports to senior management.
- Perform Supplier Quality Assurance & maintain Approved Supplier List when required.
- Perform Gauge R & R / SPC when required
Please call Nichola on 01279 780386 for an informal chat about any of the roles advertised or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here at Smiths we are always on the look out for new talent, if you are looking into studying Engineering at any level why not give us a call to see how we could help you!